1. General Christmas questions
- What is Coca-Cola doing this year to celebrate Christmas?
We’re glad you asked! This year, as always, we have lots of plans to share the happiness of the festive season. If you haven’t already, you’re sure to spot our traditional ‘Holidays are Coming’ advert on TV soon. Plus, this year we have a brand new advert to share with you.
Our Coca-Cola Christmas truck tour will be running from 23 November to 23 December, so we hope you can join us at one of our events around Great Britain.
We are also sponsoring the Capital FM Jingle Bell Ball and bringing you the chance to win a VIP experience.
In stores you will soon see our Coke Christmas packs and online you’ll have the chance to send a special Coca-Cola message to your friends on Facebook.
- Did Coca-Cola really ‘invent’ the red Father Christmas?
No. It's widely believed that today's Santa wears a red suit because that’s the colour associated with Coca Cola, but this isn’t the case. Before the Coca Cola Santa was even created, St Nick had appeared in numerous illustrations and written descriptions wearing a scarlet coat.
However, it is true that Coca Cola advertising played a big role in shaping the jolly character we know and love today.
- Is Coca-Cola aligned to a Christmas charity?
Coca Cola aims to be an active member of the community in Great Britain and all other markets in which we operate.
To find out how Coca Cola works with charities and other organisations, visit the Coca-Cola GB website
2. Truck tour questions
- Where are the Coca-Cola Christmas trucks visiting this year?
To see where the Coca-Cola Christmas trucks are going and find your nearest stop, check out the truck tour map.
- What time does each truck stop start and finish?
The event timings may vary, so please check the details of your nearest stop on the truck tour map. Please bear in mind that there may be a queue to have your photo taken with the truck, so arrive with plenty of time.
- What can I expect at the Coca-Cola Christmas truck stop?
Each area will be transformed into a magical winter wonderland where you can get up close to the truck and have a keepsake photo taken! Later you can download the photo to wish friends and family a Merry Christmas, by sharing on email, Facebook and Twitter. Plus, our Christmas helpers will be serving chilled Coke and Diet Coke to the sounds of seasonal music.
- Do I need a ticket to attend a truck stop?
No, you don’t need a ticket. The Coca-Cola Christmas truck tour is open to everyone to enjoy.
- Are there any age restrictions at the truck stops?
No, there are no age restrictions to attend the event or have a photo taken with the truck. For under 12s, samples of Coke and Diet Coke are at parental discretion. Under 12s will also need an adult to collect their photo online.
- How long will I have to wait?
We try to keep the waiting time as short as possible. However, during very busy periods there may be a waiting period to have your photo taken. If it’s a cold day, please dress appropriately.
Under certain circumstances we may have to close the queue, for example if the wait is longer than an hour.
- How were the locations for the truck tour chosen?
This year we’re focusing on rewarding those who give something back in the Christmas season.
We’ve surveyed more than 2,500 people to discover Great Britain’s ‘Kindness Hotspots’; the cities and towns that bring the most joy to others. Each stop on the tour is linked to a result from our research.
- Why isn’t the Coca-Cola Christmas truck coming to my town?
We try to cover as much of Great Britain as possible but we can’t visit every single town and city. For this reason, we try to go to a range of new locations every year.
- What happens if a truck stop is delayed or cancelled?
We try as hard as possible not to alter any truck stops. However, sometimes we have to cancel or postpone a stop due to adverse weather conditions or other events that are out of our hands.
If this happens, we’ll try to start the event later that day or rearrange it for another date (this is subject to timings and availability; we cannot make any guarantees).
- How will I know if a truck stop is cancelled?
We try to make sure all truck stops go ahead, but if one is cancelled we’ll update the Truck Tour page and send a tweet from @cokezone.
- Can I sit in or drive the Christmas truck?
Unfortunately not. The inside of the truck is not open to the public.
- Will you be giving anything away at the truck stops?
You will have the chance to enjoy a free can of Coca-Cola or Diet Coke (for children under 12 this is at the discretion of their parents).
There’s also the option to have a keepsake photo taken! Later you can download the photo to wish friends and family a Merry Christmas, by sharing on email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Why can children under 12 not get a Coca-Cola at the truck stops?
Coca-Cola has a responsible marketing charter which states: "We don't market any drinks to children under 12 because we believe parents should choose the drinks that are right for their families."
At the truck stops, we are happy to give parents a Coca-Cola or Diet Coke to pass to their child at their discretion.
- Will food and drink be available at the truck stop?
Everyone can get a free sample of Coca-Cola or Diet Coke (for children under 12 this is at the discretion of their parents).
There are no additional catering facilities at the truck stops.
- Can I bring my own food and drink to the truck stop?
Yes, you’re welcome to bring your own food and drink.
- Why is there no Father Christmas or Santa Claus at the truck stops?
The focus of our truck tour is the family celebration of Christmas and the opportunity to see the iconic Coca-Cola Christmas truck in reality. We know that families love the truck and for them it signals the start of the Christmas season.
- How many people can get into the events?
Each stop is different and follows local rules and regulations. All events are open to allow as many people as possible.
- Can the Coca-Cola truck come to my house/office/hospital/charity/etc?
At this time of year, our Christmas trucks are in very high demand as they try to cover as much of Great Britain as possible sharing happiness and festive cheer. We’re unable to commit to any individual request for this year’s truck tour but we’re confident there should be a truck stop within a reasonable distance of the majority of Great Britain.
- Are the Coca-Cola trucks low or no emissions?
Our fleet of Christmas trucks are all carbon neutral as certified by the Carbon Footprint Ltd.
- Will you be recycling all the cans from the truck tour?
There are recycling bins at our all Coca-Cola Christmas truck stops. We believe that one of the most important things we can do to reduce the potential environmental impact associated with our business is to make it easier for people to recycle our packaging.
- I lost or forgot something when I visited the truck…
Please contact our team on 0800 028 8038 with the following details:
- what you lost
- the truck stop you were at
- the date and approximate time you were there
- your contact details
We’ll check to see if your item has been found and let you know as soon as possible.
- How do I give feedback about the truck tour?
Please contact our customer care team.
3. Photo questions
• How do I collect my official photo with the truck?
Just go to cokezone.co.uk/photo. You’ll need to register or log into Coke Zone and enter the code on the Collection Card we gave you on the day.
• Help! I’m following the instructions but I still can’t collect my photo.
If you’re having trouble collecting your photos, send an email to email@example.com with the date and time of the photo, and a short description of who’s in the photo and what they’re wearing. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
• Can I take my own photos of the Coca-Cola truck?
Yes, of course! Feel free to take photos of your friends and family at the truck stop. Remember to share your photos on Facebook and Twitter using #holidaysarecoming
• What if I’ve lost the card with my photo card on?
Unfortunately we have no way of finding your photo without the code on your card. For security and privacy reasons, we cannot retrieve your photo without your code.
4. Questions about the TV ad
• Are you showing the ‘Holidays are Coming’ advert this year?
Our traditional ‘Holidays are Coming’ advert will be returning this year to mark the official start of the Christmas season. Look out for it on TV throughout the festive period!
• Where and when can I see the ‘Holidays are Coming’ advert?
The traditional ‘Holidays are Coming’ advert will be shown on TV throughout the festive period. You can also watch it whenever you like on our Facebook app.
• Are you showing a new Christmas advert this year?
This year we have a brand new advert to share with you and celebrate the joy of Christmas. We will be revealing this soon, so please keep an eye on the Facebook page for more information.
• Where can I see the new Christmas advert?
This advert will be appearing on TV soon, but if you’re a fan on Facebook or you’re following Coke Zone on Twitter, you might get a sneaky peek a little early!
5. Christmas bottles
• Do you have any new bottles for Christmas?
Yes! You can find two special 2ltr Christmas bottles in stores nationwide. There are two designs: ‘Share a Coke this Christmas’ and ‘Share a Coke with Santa’.
• What messages can I find on your Christmas bottles?
There are two different messages to look out for: ‘Share a Coke this Christmas’ and ‘Share a Coke with Santa’.
• Can I get my own name on a Christmas bottle?
No, at this time there are only two Christmas messages.
• Where can I buy the Christmas bottles?
These bottles are available in stores nationwide, so keep an eye out for them!
• Which Coca-Cola products have the Christmas messages on them?
You’ll find our Christmas messages on our 2ltr sharing bottles.
• How long will the Christmas bottles be available?
These will be available throughout the festive period, while stocks last.
• I’ve seen some different bottles with ribbons on them – where can I get them?
There are a very limited number of ribbon bottles that have been made available to competition winners and selected Coke superfans. Unfortunately these are not currently available to buy. However, you can create a Christmas Coke and send a virtual ribbon bottle to all of your Facebook friends.
6. Christmas Coke questions
• What is a Christmas Coke?
This year you can send your season’s greeting to all of your friends on Facebook in the form of a Christmas Coke. Create a Christmas Coke now to see more.
• How do I send a Christmas Coke?
Just visit createachristmascoke.co.uk to send any of your Facebook friends a Christmas Coke.
• Can I send a Christmas Coke to someone who is not on Facebook?
No, currently this is available on Facebook only.